BreCyn Hair Salon 2016 Winning Entry – Sam Cahill
At BreCyn Salon we place a high value on creativity and education. We constantly strive to be on the cutting edge of design and seek to always be at the forefront of innovation and knowledge in the industry. While recognizing the need for continued education, we also believe that creativity is one of the keys to innovation and success in all aspects of our careers and life.
To emphasize the value we place on creativity and education in our community, we are offering a $1500 scholarship each year to the student whose scholarship entry best demonstrates how they have developed their creativity and turned it into a skill that has influenced their life and career decisions. Whether it’s playing an instrument, photography, a physical talent, or any other creative skill you have, we want to see how it has progressed through your life. Submit to us an inspiring reflection of your talent, this could include be a photo, drawing, video, short essay, song, etc. Show us how you have grown at a person and what kind of person you aspire to be. A $1,500 scholarship will be awarded once a year to the winning submission.
Show us who you are as a person. Is there an accomplishment, skill, act of service, or talent that you are proud of? Whether it is a photograph, a video, community involvement, a story, a drawing, etc. Share with us in the best form that suits you. Be creative.
- Must be a current or incoming student at an accredited 2 or 4 year college or a licensed beauty/trade/technical school.
- The content and medium of the submission are up to the candidate, but please limit essays to 1000 words and video entries to 5 minutes.
- Submit all entries via email to email@example.com with the subject line “BreCyn Scholarship Entry.” Include your name, phone number, school you are attending. If your entry is not in essay format, please include a brief one paragraph explanation of your entry demonstrating your creativity and its influence in your life.
- Non-electronic submissions may be sent to the following address: BreCyn Salon, C/O Scholarship Committee, 8300 Beverly Blvd, Everett, WA 98203.
- Submission deadline: December 1, 2016